DAVINCI'S DONUTS


Are donuts considered a dessert? Or simply a sweet treat? I personally do not know, nor care, as long as they are in front of me and ready for consumption. Rather than writing about the regular, boring options for donuts like Krispy Kreme or Dunkin' Donuts, I decided to adventure out to somewhere unique. Davinci's Donuts has several locations around Atlanta, and every location gives off a "mom & pop" type of shop as it is a not a country-wide operation. As  I walked in and scanned the menu on the wall, I was flabbergasted with the options of donuts. Since I have only gotten donuts from  Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts, I was used to standard donut flavors like glazed, jelly, chocolate, etc. My eyes must have looked as wide as a donut while looking at the menu, because the options were unlimited. I decided to get one birthday cake, one apple, one strawberry shortcake, one mocha, 2 chocolate Oreo, and 2 cinnamon roll donuts.


Although the donuts were scrumptious, there are certain aspects of the social media efforts that I feel as if this business could improve upon. For starters, I did find this business on social media (which is a positive for them). However, if it were not for my need to find new places to visit for blog posts, I may not have gone to this place solely due to the quality of their Instagram pictures. While it can be positive to show that they are a family owned business through their photos, the quality of the images should still be very high. These photos look like they were taken by a low-grade camera, which do not make the donuts look very appealing. After visiting the location, I realized that the social media page lacked many unique attributes that the store has to offer. I did not know that the donuts are made fresh and handmade every single day, there is a great variety of coffee offered in the stores, and customers are able to customize their own donut specifically to their liking. These are all very enticing details to potential customers that may incline them to come in and buy some donuts. If there had been any illustration of these things on their platforms of social media, I believe I would have been more excited to give this place a first time try. However, I was only excited after I was already in the store. 

Overall, the donuts were fantastic and I believe they make up for the lack of proper marketing on social media. It may be harder for them to obtain new customers with this current social media campaign, but luckily for them, they have a great product that will have existing customers returning for a long time to come.

Comments